e to $1.99 sticker on them.A particularly fine $1.99 purchase was the film Johnny Handsome, starring a young Mickey Rourke. The movie isn't one of the worst I've seen, but check out the premise:
Mickey plays a criminal who was born severely deformed. During his time in a prison, a "sympathetic surgeon" gives him a new face, using the wonders of plastic surgery! Once out on parole, he uses his new looks to seek revenge.
It's a pretty simple plot, really. You might even sum it up as simply as this: He hit his low point, got plastic surgery, and then made a comeback.


Just sayin'.
4 comments:
Very astute. What work do you think he had done on that formerly ugly face?
Sounds to me like a later version of "The Girl Most Likely To," a '73 film vs. Johnny Handsome '89.
I (admittedly was alive and) watched that movie starring a young Stockard Channing and it taught me everything I needed to know to grow up to be a fine woman. (cough)
Good observation.
"Low point, plastic surgery, comeback."
Wait, wasn't that the plot of Fred Claus as well?
I remember quite clearly, you and Matt
laughing your butts of at Mystery Science episodes. We still watch them sometimes. Rarely though.
The first season was genius.
Post a Comment